News:

Prehistoric Soul - 2024

We are pleased to announce that the forum has been successfully updated to the latest version. While the process has been gradual and some posts were unfortunately lost, the forum is now operating on a stable platform. Over the coming weeks, we will continue to make periodic updates, including adjustments to colors, advertisements, and other features. In the meantime, we encourage you to catch up on old posts or contribute new ones. Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Main Menu

Bad Pig Solo Adventure

Started by Tim524, September 28, 2026, 07:30:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim524

 Time for another trip to The Sierras, this time doing a trial run on my Camper Shell Build Out 8) Got things organized and packed up on Tuesday and ready for the road on Wednesday morning.



Got on the 15 North early and was on my way with light traffic.


Pulled into camp around Noon and parked, my site was right next to Bishop Creek (50 feet away) so I grabbed my rod and made quick work  ;D



My Sister was camped next to me and couldn't believe it, she had fished the spot for 3 days prior for the SKUNK ;D  ;D Since it was lunch time, I busted out the stove and made a couple hot dogs and Set up shop ;)



I brought my Generator just in case it was too cloudy for my Solar Panels, never needed to use it, the solar panels kicked ass and kept my Power Station charged up the whole time 8)


The next day I ventured up towards South Lake and fished a pond I like, saw hundreds of 8" trout and quite a few Bruisers in the mix but they had other plans ::)  :-[  Oh well, I was just lucky to have the place to myself 8) Chest Waders made it possible to walk out in the middle of the Beauty !




Friday we all went to Lake Sabrina (20 minutes from Camp) Had to navigate rocks with a bum knee, Sketchy to say the least, only ate it a couple times :-[ It was worth it :)


I ended up getting 3 in that spot with a 1/32 OZ Hookup Bait and my Brother in law got one on a Thomas Buoyant Lure 8)
 

Breakfast was easy, a Custom McMuffin  ;D




Time to hit the creek again and......Boom ! Such a cool spot  8)





Took a hike with my Sister and Bro in Law, gotta work the knee :-\





Had an early Steak Dinner, caught a few more fish and called it a day.





Sunday I rolled out of there at 5:30 am, I'm sure everyone in Camp was thrilled to hear my Diesel fire up ;D, Topped off my tank and was on the 395 South at 6:15 am and got home at Noon, great time ! Forgot to mention that Diesel was $8 a gallon >:(  Hopefully the weather clears up and conditions get good so I can get The Cyclops wet again soon  8)
 






jrodda

Almost forgot about the truck bed buildout, looks sweet in action! Great fishing and scenery too, those lakes look awesome.

Diesel though  :o

Tim524

Quote from: jrodda on September 28, 2026, 08:16:52 PMAlmost forgot about the truck bed buildout, looks sweet in action! Great fishing and scenery too, those lakes look awesome.

Diesel though  :o


Diesel was anywhere from 8 to 9 bucks a gallon up there ::)

Latimeria

You never disappoint with the food pics, but adding in all the trout was a bonus!  Another great trip to remind me that I need to get my ass up there.
You can't catch them from your computer chair.