For the last few years I've wanted too get a DJI action camera as my old GoPro-3 is tough to operate, especially now that GoPro-12 is rolling out. That should give you an idea how old it is.
I bought a cheapo off brand for $80 a couple of years ago and I should have realized the quality of the video would be the same. I barely bring it out as the battery life is way too short and the quality is fine if you are looking at a screen the size of a phone and not an actual computer monitor or bigger.
Here comes Amazon Prime... Last time I went to buy a DJI drone and the $400 drone was listed as $220 for Prime Day. I thought it was a bunch of bull and just marked up so I waited and the price even went over $400 after Prime Day and never even went close to that low even on Black Friday! Ugh, I wound up getting a good but lesser version of a drone because I wasn't paying that price.
Forward to the action cameras. I've wanted to get one as the reviews for these cameras are really off the charts even compared to the GoPros, but I didn't want to spend $350-$400 for a camera. Unfortunately, my phone is about full of memory and the video always comes out pixelated when I share it anywhere else besides me phone so I want to get a real camera so I can actually capture under the paddy scenes as well as some cool things without filling up my phone memory just randomly videoing.
Here it was... One day only and only for 15 minutes once it is put in the cart, but a $400 DJI camera with two spare batteries for only $195. I had it in my cart as I pondered if I should even do it but after 20 minutes saw it went back to full price! It was 85% taken, so I had one more chance to pull the trigger if I talked myself into it....
Well, it will be here on Thursday, so hopefully get to share more video and better underwater quality pictures with you soon!